Tuesday, June 27, 2006

An Awakening

Christian Chen spoke in Church today.
His topic was about the death of a church and he concluded his sermon by saying that anything in Christ would not die but would eventually experience a revival.

He spoke also about people praying for revival in the churches and I barely remembered praying for my church just a couple of weeks or even months ago. For revival in my church.

What did all this mean? All this time, I've been praying and thinking. What can I do? To help the Church. To help the youths? Could his message have an underlying meaning?

It hurt me to see it. I could see the Church dying slowly. People were leaving, the ministries lying in shambles and the youth, people like me, didn't understandwhat it meant to worship God. There were even people who had grown tired of serving in the church.

It hurt to a point where I wanted to leave this community of believers, to find somewhere else that would give me peace.

And suddenly my eyes were opened and God spoke to me.

In such a clear and simple language I couldn't have understood it better.
It wasn't about what I could do.
Or what anyone could do.

But what God would do... for his church.

Then I realized no one could understand what I saw or what I was experiencing. The people around me said they didn't understand what his message was about. I was shocked and taken aback.

I thought about all this, as I sat quietly in the Church that night. And i came to realise... that this was the revival many had been praying about. People whom I didn't know were praying for MY church that I was praying for theirs and God was starting to work in all of our lives surely but slowly.

I have written this in hope, my dear brothers and sisters, to remind us: we cannot stop praying. It is the least we can do for Him who died for us. All we can do now is to pray. To pray that God will use us, that he will revive our Church. That we shouldn't wallow in our own traditions and become a whole new denomination.

-------------------------------------------------------------
On a personal note: My Church needs a revival.
I have come to a realization of the need to come before God and humble myself... once more.
To be a slave for Christ. So he can bend me to his will once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home