Sunday, July 02, 2006

Losing my life.

"Dear God, please show me your plans, Bend me to your will. I give you now all my iniquities and my life. Use it for your glory." I prayed to God that night, the night before I left for Malaysia.
I held in my heart a yearning to know his will for me, simply because I felt insecure not knowing where I'd go, or where I'd end up.

I thought about giving my life to God before, what if he wanted me to be a missionary, would I be able to say "yes" straight away like Abraham did when he sacrificed his son, or would I hesitate and deny His calling for me. What did He want from me.

That night after the rather delightful dinner. Roger pulled me to one side and asked if he could speak to me privately. I agreed hesitantly, wondering what the fuss was about.

When we were alone, he asked me if I had perhaps considered giving my life to God, or even doing full time work. I was shocked, Shocked because it was exactly the thing I had prayed for the night before and God had called me to do his work. Roger wanted me to join the evangelism committee in NTU Campus Crusade

I didn't say yes immediately. It just seemed too real for me to accept. What would my parents think? Would my school work be affected? Questions I had to answer, things I had to be responsible for, my life, my family, all these were pressing issues to me.

God had called me. It was clear as a cloudless sky. I decided to take a step of faith that night. If Abraham could give up his only son to honor god, I could give up my life trustingly into his hands. I prayed that I could trust him with the things that were most important to me. With things that would hurt for me to let go.

I'm actual starting to be excited to go back to school. Because I want to know what plans he has for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home